Monday, October 15, 2012

Raymond, meet the ocean!

We had SUCH a great time in Dublin! After a short flight delay (rain rain rain... go figure) we made it back to Birmingham.

This morning we got up early to check out of our hostel and take a train to the coast. I'm so glad we did, as we were able to see the water, hear the crashing waves, and eat fresh seafood. Delicious! Raymond is also claiming it as his first time seeing the ocean. We know it's more of a bay... but it's close.


Ocean! I'm here!



 Although it was cold, we were dry for most of the morning. We spent a couple of hours walking around the small town of Howth and the pier. After lunch we headed back to Dublin for a little window shopping before heading to the airport.


I absolutely loved Ireland. The music, the culture, the beautiful land... I understand why thousands of tourists visit every year. We passed a golf course on the train and I was so jealous. I would have loved to play in Ireland, even though it was so cold!

I uploaded about 70 Dublin photos on my Facebook page under the Rachel-Ray Abroad album, but here is a taste from today for our "blog only" readers!






No comments:

Post a Comment