Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween weather... and zombies

I have another cold! I don't understand, I hardly get sick in the states (maybe one cold a year), and I've already had two different versions since we arrived. Sniffle. Sniffle. Where are the tissues?

Campus was pretty low-key today because all the classes were cancelled for graduation ceremonies. All of last year's third year students who finished classes over the summer officially graduated today (I guess it takes a long time to finalize assessments).

We've had some interesting weather the past few days. Raymond keeps calling it horror film weather, but really it's just that we've had a never ending layer of fog over the entire area. There is some misting rain, but mainly just fog and no sun. The fog is so thick it looks we could grab it with our hands from our third story windows. It also makes for some eerie parking lots at night.

Today I went with some girls here to find some other shops within walking distance. It's nice to know there are a few more places we can go without catching the bus!

All the students are preparing for the Zombie Ball this Friday and a weekend full of Halloween celebrations. We're still thinking of costumes, but there are some ideas in the works. I also might get the chance to carve a pumpkin after all, next week!

Even though there aren't very many fall decorations around, it appears to me that the university scene at least likes to celebrate Halloween!

My mama sent me a package for my birthday. :) I can't wait for it to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment